What’s caught my eye in the BB world this week? This lot!
- Two countries had their first NAF tournaments, if not ever then certainly for a while – Greece and Northern Ireland. I haven’t seen any reports as such, but will keep my eyes peeled. Great that the game continues to spread across the world.
- As Fumbbl Dungeonbowl draws to a close, with semifinals planned for this week, the Road to the NAF Championship returns for its 4th year, and you can win a ticket to the NAF’s flagship annual event. Entries close tomorrow evening.
- I went to Bubba, and had a lovely time. Hawca won, and donated his winning team of Platopodes to my son! 10 of the 32 had to cancel due to snow, but the rest of us thorough enjoyed it.
- Not one, not two, but THREE different companies have Kickstarters going for Kislev teams. I’ve been trying to figure out the chronology for why they all ended up at the same time, but it’s beyond me – they have been in BB2 for quite a while (two years?), so maybe that is the timeline for getting a team sorted. In no particular order, here are some links:
- Someone was asking about BB logos, so worth mentioning again Throweck’s great guide on Fumbbl about how to use GIMP (free Photoshop) to make nice looking ones. You might need to log in to see it, but that’s always a good idea anyway!
- NAF Tournament Director Purplegoo continues to blog, long may it continue! More information = good! I started when I was Pres, but ran out of steam somewhat. Hope he won’t, I have faith!
- A GW BB event was spotted in the calendar for Warhammer World in the middle of May! Always nice to play in the shadow of the large Space Marine. Fingers crossed that it will be prefaced by lots of shiny new releases.
That’s it for just now, I’m off to stick together some Platypodes…