Weekly, he says! Ah well, there wasn’t much outcry when they didn’t appear, so no biggy.
What’s been going on in the last few weeks? These bits and bobs, that’s what!
- Among a load of excellent tournaments, Dungeonbowl was held in Germany, the European NAF Major. Won by Diomlord’s Orcs. Lots of good reporting and links on the NAF’s Twitter account, which now has a new master (@Wormito)!
- The NAF World Cup commemorative team was also unveiled there, along with the rules, all on the website, so various tournaments that will be using those rules in 2019 are all starting to plot!
- GW revealed details of their next release, which will be a plastic Chaos team containing 4 warriors and 8 beasts, called the Doom Lords. Great to see a complete decent starter team in a box, which can be completed with the previously released Forgeworld minotaur,
- GW also showcased Spike magazine, though without any detail of content! There was a big demon on the front bearing a strong resemblance to Scyla from Warhammer Fantasy.
- The Road to the NAF Championships started on Fumbbl, which means that the big one is only a few weeks away! 160 currently signed for BB goodness in Nottingham in May, but plenty of space for more!
- There has been a bit of an upsurge in 7s tournaments recently, both taking place and also in the calendar. These are popular either because of the number of games in the day, or they can take place in the evening. It’s also a great way to learn the mechanics of the game. Since the rankings were added to the database as a separate Variant too, there will be some serious competition!
- Speaking of rankings, the NAF launched a new way of measuring BB ability, the Glicko rankings. It’s still in alpha, and the NAF’s happy to get feedback about what you think. Have a read!
I’ve probably missed some stuff, but that’s the big news…